Advantages of Central AC vs Mini-Split AC Systems in Your Home
When it comes to air conditioning, there are two main types: central and mini-split. Central AC systems are the most common type, while mini-split AC systems are becoming more popular. In this blog post, we will discuss the pros and cons of each system so that you can decide which is best for your home.
Compare The Central vs Mini-Split ACs:
- Central AC systems are typically more expensive to install than mini-split AC systems. However, they are also more energy-efficient and can cool your home more evenly. Central AC systems also require less maintenance than mini-split AC systems.
- Mini-split AC systems are a great option for homes that don’t have central air conditioning. They are also a good choice for homes that have hot and cold spots. Mini-split AC systems are more expensive to operate than central AC systems, but they are easier to install and maintain.
If you’re not sure which type of air conditioning system is best for your home, contact a local HVAC contractor. They will be able to assess your needs and recommend the best system for your home.
Health Benefits of Central AC Vs Mini-Split AC:
Mini-split AC systems are the best option for people with allergies. One of the benefits of a central AC system is that it uses ductwork to distribute cool air throughout your home. This means that the air is filtered before it enters your living space, which can help to reduce allergens and other airborne contaminants.
Mini-split AC systems don’t use ductwork, so the air is not filtered before it enters your home. This can be a problem for people with allergies or other respiratory problems.
How to Clean Central AC System:
Central AC systems require more maintenance than mini-split AC systems. You will need to have your central AC system serviced by a professional at least once a year. To clean your central AC system, you will need to remove the air filter and clean it with soap and water. You may also need to vacuum the coils and blower wheel.
Processes to Clean Mini-Split AC:
Cleaning a mini-split AC unit is a relatively simple process that can be done on a monthly basis to ensure optimal performance. By taking these few simple steps, you can enjoy cool, comfortable air all summer long.
To Clean A Mini-Split AC Unit, You’ll Need To:
- First, turn off the power to the unit at the breaker box.
- Next, remove the front panel of the indoor portion of the unit.
- With a soft cloth, gently wipe down all surfaces of the coils and evaporator. Be careful not to bend or damage the coils.
- Next, use a vacuum with a soft brush attachment to remove any dust or debris from the coils and evaporator.
- Finally, replace the front panel and turn the power back on at the breaker box.
Noise Level of Central AC System:
Another factor to consider before you invest in air-conditioners is to note that central AC systems are typically quieter than mini-split AC systems. This is because the compressor is located outside of your home. Mini-split AC systems have the compressor located inside of your home, which can be noisy.
The Bottom Line:
Both central and mini-split AC systems have their pros and cons. Ultimately, the best system for your home depends on your specific needs and preferences.